As a Certified EKG Technician (CET), you’ll operate machines that record the electrical activity of a patient’s heart. EKG rhythms provide important data for the diagnosis of heart conditions. According to the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) as a CET, you may perform the following tasks:
- Set up and administer EKGs, stress tests
- Prepare patients for Holter, or ambulatory monitoring
- Edit and deliver final test results to physicians for analysis
- Schedule appointments
- Transcribe physicians’ interpretations
How do I become an EKG Tech?
- Upon successful completion of the course and the clinical requirements, each student will receive a course completion certificate and be eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) exam at the EMTP facility. Once the student successfully completes the exam, he or she will be a Nationally Certified EKG Technician through the NHA and ready to start an exciting new career as an EKG Technician.
EKG Technician Program Overview
- Become Nationally Certified in just 10 days!
- Day, Evening and Online classes available
What does my tuition include?
- CPR certification
- Lab supplies
- HIV and Blood Borne Pathogens Certification
- Background check
General Admissions Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- TB Skin test
- Drivers License or state issued ID
Interested? Call 859-327-3687 or fill out the form below for more details!