Emergency Medical Training Professionals can turn your caring personality and interest in healthcare into a career as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA). Serving important roles on medical teams, medical assistants work alongside doctors during patient examinations and procedures.
With our Clinical Medical Assistant program, you can gain the skills you need to start working as a medical assistant in just weeks – NOT years! You’ll receive the focused career training you need to confidently work in a medical setting, working with patients and completing various medical office tasks each day.
Typical duties of a CCMA include:
- Collecting patients’ medical histories
- Working with physicians during exams and procedures
- Administering injections, as well as topical or oral medications
- Taking blood samples and specimens
- Sterilization of equipment
- Recording patient vital signs
- Explaining exams and procedures to patients
- Performing some administrative duties
The CCMA program is comprised of this core course, Clinical Medical Assistant, plus two additional courses, EKG Technician, and Phlebotomy Technician. Upon successful completion of all three of these courses and the clinical requirements, each student will receive a course completion certificate and be eligible to sit for the three (3) National Healthcareer Association (NHA) exams at the EMTP facility. Once the student successfully completes all three (3) exams he or she will be a Nationally Certified NHA EKG Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, and Certified Clinical Medical Assistant. Ready to start an exciting new career as a CCMA. For more information regarding NHA certification (including study guides) click here.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Recent two-step TB skin test
- Day Program (32 hours per week )
- Night Program (12 hours per week)
- Online Program (Complete work at home and meet on campus for lab days)
Required Textbook for CMA Component
What is included in my tuition?
- Student Liability Insurance
- HIPAA Training & Certification
- HIV/AIDS Bloodborne Pathogens Training & Certification
- Lab supplies
- Student Identification Card